For the past week, MyTwoCensus has received reports that the Census Bureau is undergoing some NEW unscheduled/unplanned operations. The question now is WHY? Was the previous data poor?
Here’s an e-mail that was recently sent to 2010 Census managers:
FLD Decennial Data Collection
FLD Regional Directors, FLD Deputy Regional Directors List, FLD ARCM, FLD 2010 Regional Offices List, TMO Decennial Operations Technical Support 2010/BOC@BOC, FLD Decennial Assistant Division Chiefs List, FLD Decennial Branch Chiefs
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Fay F Nash/DMD/HQ/BOC@BOC, Barbara H Campbell/DSCMO/HQ/BOC@BOC, Barbara J Biebl/DACMO/HQ/BOC@BOC, Darlene L Monaco/DMD/HQ/BOC@BOC, Susanna J Winder/DMD/HQ/BOC@BOC, Shelley A Walker/DMD/HQ/BOC@BOC, Hilda S Dimmock/FLD/HQ/BOC@BOC, Ellen W Cafarella/FLD/HQ/BOC@BOC, Lucia J Chavez/FLD/HQ/BOC@BOC, Rodney Peter De Peiza/DACMO/HQ/BOC@BOC, Annetta Clark Smith/DMD/HQ/BOC@BOC, Nancy E Kolkebeck/PHRCC/BOC@BOC, PHRCC Area Managers List@BOC, Patricia A Boykin/FLD/HQ/BOC@BOC, Eric L Cheevers/FLD/HQ/BOC@BOC, Julia A Shaw/FLD/HQ/BOC@BOC, FLD Decennial Data Collection@BOC, Irvin Vann/FLD/HQ/BOC@BOC, Kimberly L Canada/FLD/HQ/BOC@BOC, Craig D Ostrom/DACMO/HQ/BOC@BOC, email@example.com, Andrew G Knaster/DACMO/HQ/BOC@BOC, Sarah K Heimel/DSSD/HQ/BOC@BOC, Geoffrey I Jackson/DSSD/HQ/BOC@BOC, William H Johnson Jr/FLD/HQ/BOC@BOC
07/30/2010 02:11 PM
2010 NRFU NRFU Residual Follow-up Ops Log – July 30, 2010
Hilda S Dimmock
ACTION: July 30, 2010 NRFU Residual Follow-up Ops Log
Regional Census Centers should share the appropriate portions of information in this Ops Log with their LCOs
This is the first Ops Log related to the recently added NRFU Residual Follow-up Operation. The operation universe, rules and procedures are in the final approval stage, but we are providing the following field dates to aid in planning:
- 8/11 Scheduled release of PBOCS for NRFU RES for Assignment Prep
- 8/12 Begin Field enumeration
- 8/21 Begin Final Attempt for cases
- 8/24 End of field enumeration
- 8/25 All EQs MUST be shipped to the data capture centers
Highlights of the operations are as follows:
- Training will be similar to VDC in that we will provide a Job Aid for Enumerators, Crew Leaders/Field Operations Supervisors and NRFU Residual section for the Office Manual.
- We will provide information on the size of the universe by early next week.
- Assignment Preparation will very similar to NRFU VDC.
- Field staff active in NRFU VDC will be available in NRFU Res.
- Enumerators should be encouraged to get as many accurate interviews as possible during the short enumeration period based on the status of the address as of April 1, 2010. What this means is that they should visit during the best time to catch the occupants at home and to continue to contact every address in their assignment before going back for the second or third attempt.
- There will be no added HU during the operation.
- There will be no RI attempts during the operation.
- The Operation will use Operation Code ’91′ and Task code ’091′ for payroll
> Please reply directly to “FLD Decennial Data Collection”